Friday, August 3, 2012

Catchup

SO...
In case you were wondering, we didn't die. I thought I kept notes on our days, but apparently they weren't meticulous enough because afterwards I couldn't remember right away each day from another. Much of the time we didn't have internet because the return trip was pretty much one giant blizzard. We even got stranded in Laramie, WY again!
We decided we'd have to stop for the night because of the snow, and made plans to get to Laramie. After sitting on a closed highway only 30 miles away, and I do remember that we decided to try and reach it by the old highway. We made it about 6 miles from Laramie before that highway closed, ended up trekking all the way back and discovered the actual highway had opened up again, long enough for us to get to our hotel. Wasn't our favourite New Year's activity, but we made it home safely!

And then I never updated again.



BUT. This time, it is summer. J spent it on the East coast for an internship, and this morning I flew out to see him! (Finally!) Our road trip this time around will be the opposite, as we'll drive through Texas to get home in the heat and cross off some new states for us. We start early tomorrow, and even splurged a little on the hotels. After working two jobs all summer, J deserves some pampering! I'm excited, but mostly I couldn't care where we stay - I'm just glad to finally be with him again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment